At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
General Summary of the Job:
With the changing working environment and a shift to a hybrid working model,
Siemens Digital Industries Software is committed to support the employees as best as possible while being in the offices.
As employees might use the office less frequent or in a different capacity, we are committed to ensure a positive user experience while occupying one of our global facilities. Next to providing and ensuring high quality office spaces, we are organizing regular events in the workspace that encourage employees for coming into the office. All activities are targeting team building and employee engagement. To accomplish these objectives, it is necessary to build relationships with all employees in the office but also to closely manage provided services in the office.
The position as Operations and Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for achieving these objectives in the assigned location(s) and will act as ‘voice and ear’ of the local users.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemptionEssential Functions:
- Plan, communicate, coordinate, and implement global employee engagement program initiatives at local office
- Work with local management or business leadership (including VP if local); and adapt initiatives to local needs
- Measure employee engagement and satisfaction
- Primary office contact – ‘voice and ear’ of the office
- Point of contact for local and internal support group inquiries
- Track budget, raise shopping carts, submit good receipts, and approve invoices related to facility operations and engagement activities
- Escalate ongoing issues in the office to DI SW EHS&FEP organization
- Participate in quarterly office review meetings to discuss any concerns in quality and service levels
- Manage SRE/Vendors/Contractors scope and service level agreements related to facility operations
- Manage small and medium size Office Projects
- Implement local Employee Health & Safety program
- Manage service ticket requests
- Support the role-out of new technologies, e.g. Comfy, Visitor Management System, Audio-Visual Systems and ioffice
- Manage and perform back-up for receptionist in the assigned location – if respective service is provided
- Point of contact for critical events – security, EHS, fire, power, or related
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a positive, professional approach and the ability to perform tasks with minimal direction and guidance
- Conflict resolution, negotiation, interpersonal and customer interfacing skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Office, Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to establish sense of community with employees
- Well organized and proficient planner
- Ability to work in a team
- Report directly to Regional Facilities Manager
- Up to 5-25 offices in several states/provinces
- Responsible for budget up to $5-15 million
Education and Experience:
- Degree or minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar or related role
- Experience managing facilities service vendors preferred
- Experience executing security/safety programs preferred
- Experience managing employee events or engagement programs preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Normal office environment
- Travel within country up to 20%
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.