Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of Industrial Communication products, including Industrial WLAN devices and related network infrastructure components. This position contributes to the technology innovation of the Siemens Industrial Wireless Communication portfolio, in particular to Industrial WLAN. The goal is to make use of the latest technological developments and standards in Wireless Communication to enable new features and support advanced use cases in industrial scenarios, e.g. in factory automation. The job includes theoretical work as well as prototyping and field testing of innovative technologies and features
What are my responsibilities?
- Study and analysis of wireless standards and specifications, including hardware and software manuals
- Identification of innovative technologies and research topics relevant for future product features of industrial wireless devices and systems
- Technology evaluation and benchmarking by means of lab and field trials
- Definition and prototype implementation of innovative features based on Siemens WLAN hardware and/or third-party hardware platforms
- Communication about requirements and research results with product development, product managers and other stakeholders
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Master’s degree or above in (wireless) communication technology or related field
- Excellent knowledge of wireless communication technologies, including current WLAN standards (802.11n, ac, ax, …); good knowledge of network protocols
- Experience in embedded software development in C
- Experience with Linux, preferably also with kernel/driver development
- Capability to analyze and understand complex systems and protocols
- Basic understanding of RF technology and propagation
- Willingness to combine theoretical work and hands-on prototyping
- Innovative thinking and passion for technology
- Good communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Basic understanding of industrial automation systems is an advantage
- Experience with simulation and testing of (wireless) communication systems
- Basic hardware skills
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit – Technology (T) – plays an important role in this. Technology contributes to the Company’s success in many functions, including technology and innovation strategy, research and development, cooperation with universities and start-ups, patents and business excellence.
Officially opened in 2006, Technology China (T CN) is the largest innovation branch outside Germany. Many top-notch innovators work in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Qingdao and Tianjin. We combine the physical and the virtual worlds through our Core Technology Initiatives and research projects in the areas of data analytics, the Industrial loT, autonomous systems, systems integration, cyber security, etc. We are thus helping the Siemens Business Units turn inventions into successful innovations in the market.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you want know more Siemens job opportunities, please be free to log in our career website https://jobs.siemens.com.
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time