How can you help us craft the future as a Production Worker?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team! You will be responsible for material handling for inbound, outbound, and putting away inventory!
What are the responsibilities of this role?
- Operate tools and equipment common to the mechanical trade (e.g. hand & power tools).
- Process work orders (with the use of computers, scanning devices, etc.) in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Scan in and out of work orders (with the use of computers, scanning devices, etc.) in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Read and interpret documents associated with the completion of mechanical assembly assignments (e.g. blue prints, bill of materials, one line diagrams, etc.).
- Gather parts and accessories required in the assembly process.
- Assemble fabricated parts to create unit assemblies (Switchboards & Lighting Panels) or subassemblies.
- Fasten component parts on cubicles or frames, subassemblies, or unit assemblies.
- Connect cables and basic wires.
- Verify that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Disassemble units to adjust or replace parts.
- Mark unit assemblies with identifying information and/or attaches identifying tags.
- Report non-conforming items (e.g. parts, schematics, blue prints, etc.)
- Prepare finished units for shipping (e.g. packing, sealing, labeling, etc.)
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Access and utilize various documents, with the use of computers, associated with the manufacture of products in assembly (e.g. Quality and Safety Documents, Operating Instructions, etc.)
- Perform other work as directed by Supervision
What are the required skills, education and experience for this role?
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to work standing for the duration of the shift
- Must be able to reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs , and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in inventory management functions.
- Specialized Training: Forklift driver
- Knowledge: Basic shop math
- Basic computer skills , and use of basic mechanical/measuring tools
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.