How can you help us craft the future as a Warehouse Material Handler?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team! You will be responsible for material handling for inbound, outbound, and putting away inventory!
What are the responsibilities of this role?
- Job involves typically working indoors, being assigned to any of the different shifts, occasionally lifting heavy materials, wearing common safety equipment (e.g. cut resistant gloves and sleeves, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc.) being exposed to loud noises and the possibility of bumps, cuts, and scrapes.
- Unloads material from incoming trailers and places in staging areas
- Breaks down pallets, sorts material by Stock Keeping Unit, counts, and separates
- Places material away in proper locations while maintaining high standards
- Stocks and maintains correct inventory levels
- Picks/Packs materials to prepare for assembly or shipment
- Palletizes materials, band/wrap, weigh, and load onto trailers
- Uses SAP to do receipts, transfers, and shipping transactions
- Discards scrap and/or defected materials that are not serviceable.
- Initiates scrap tickets to generate part replacement orders.
- Operates forklift and any other powered/manual material lifting/handling equipment for loading material onto, or unloading from trailers
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
What are the required skills, education and experience for this role?
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to work standing for the duration of the shift
- Must be able to reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs , and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in inventory management functions.
- Specialized Training: Forklift driver
- Knowledge: Basic shop math
- Basic computer skills , and use of basic mechanical/measuring tools
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.