Head EHS, Digital Industries, India
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close collaboration with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
Every day we push the boundaries of what is possible like developing state-of-the-art high-speed trains and intelligent robots. Therefore, we need Ambassadors for new insights, hardworking storytellers, and passionate captivators in marketing and sales who make our customer relationships strong. We’ll open endless possibilities for you to do just that; make the meaningful things a reality!
This position is responsible to lead EHS function in Siemens Digital Industries and will report to DI Country CEO and functionally to the Country EHS Head.
Areas of Responsibility
- Supports the DI Business CEOs in fulfilling his/her EHS responsibility, i.e. maintaining an effective EHS Management System for the Digital Industries Operating Company with focus on Country / HQ processes, defining product- and business-specific EHS related requirements and standards, and maintaining oversight of Operating Company projects.
- Implements Country EHS Strategy across the DI Locations (Test Centres, Logistics, etc) / Project sites consistently with focus on monitoring and continual improvement and with active collaboration with Country EHS officer, Other Business EHS officers, HM team and Business.
- Ensures the implementation and drives continuous improvement of Country EHS processes. Plans, implements and follows up the audit/assessment/inspections program (including certification audits where applicable) in close alignment with the BU and Country EHS Officers.
- Focus on leading indicators, engineering controls supplemented by periodic benchmarking of work practices with active collaboration with DI headquarters as means to mitigate risks in the work environment in DI business in India. Drives implementation of EHS programs (Eg. CAPA Tracker) with focus on proactive measures / collaboration with HQ
- Ensures timely and quality of reporting of EHS KPIs in EHS dashboards, incident investigations, Quentic and other global EHS tools, as applicable. Ensures periodic reporting to Business and Country EHS.
- Ensures an adequate competence management, leadership and communication skills and training system for EHS-related competences in the DI Business covering EHS officers working for DI in India.
- Acts as a catalyst to improve EHS competency among the business colleagues. Be a role model in safety leadership and communication.
- Collaborates closely with other Business EHS Officers, HM Team and Business teams in the Country
- Contributes to, supports, adapts and promotes global EHS programs and initiatives and monitors their effectiveness in alignment with Country EHS Officer.
- Ensures that applicable statutory requirements are identified and accorded to.
- Ensures adequate EHS related communication towards internal and external stakeholder and authorities.
What you need to make real what matters.Experience:
- Minimum 12 – 15 years of successful experience in related field (Project Management, EHS Implementation, Manufacturing) and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge. At least 5 years of site related experience from relevant business. At least 5 years of management experience (incl. leading teams, intercultural experience, project management experience).
- Experience in managing safety systems in complex project sites (Operation & Maintenance) Factory and warehouse locations will be an added advantage.
- Degree in Engineering and EHS related recognized qualifications / Certificates (e.g. ADIS, NEBOSH).
- Evidenced training/expertise in the broader spectrum of EHS topics.
- Expert level knowledge of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management system and implementing/ managing management system elements.
- Proven experience in working with management systems.
- Excellent virtual Team Player and Networker
- Virtual Collaboration Skills; Social Media Communication and Influencing Skills
- Understanding of Digital Technology and Data Analytic (Realtime Data, Cloud, Tableau, Smart Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Coworking and Problem-solving Skills; lean & agile methods and proven tools
- Executive Management Presentation and Key Stakeholder Management skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Navi Mumbai (Airoli). But you’ll also get to visit other locations / project sites in India, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries, and the shape of things to come!
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time