Job Description: Project Manager - IT Infrastructure
Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
- In your new role as “IT Infrastructure Project Manager (f/m/d)” you will be responsible for the implementation of our IT Infrastructure Solutions and Services globally.
- Your new role covers Data Center & Network Projects (Hybrid- and native Cloud, LAN- and WAN-Services).
- You will be responsible to understand the Network solution design and plan the project implementation.
- Plan and mobilise the project to rollout Network solution across the globe in all countries, this includes the governance structure, management processes, plans, procedures, tools and collaboration.
- Measure and monitor progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations. Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks.
- Oversee stakeholder management activities; ensuring projects have integrated stakeholder management and communication activities.
- You will collaborate intensively within this team as well as with the business, with external partners and within the whole Siemens IT organisation globally in order to satisfy expectations and priorities of our customers.
- You will be a key member of our globally distributed team of Architects, Project Managers and Service Managers.
- Your projects innovate our services globally towards improved business value, stability, performance and costs.
What do I bring with me?
- Solid knowledge of IT infrastructure in Network Technology and services in large global enterprise
- Experience in planning and mobilizing Global Corporate Network implementation projects
- Experience in Stakeholder Expectations Management: Ability to understand stakeholder goals and expectations, address any misalignment, and monitor and control the project
- Experience in defining the project scope and requirements management and facilitate scope change management process.
- Distributed Project Management and Cross-cultural Teaming: Develop project team structure, and establish communications and working processes which promote effective integrated teaming
- Minimum 4 years of Project Management experience, ideally PMP or Prince 2 certified
- Minimum 2 years of experience in global IT projects.
- Very good English skills (minimum C1).
- Very good communication and presentation skills on management and expert level.
- Experience in Agile project management methodology & IT Service Management, ideally ITIL V4 certified
- Experience in the management of service providers.
- Flexibility to work with people in different time zones, e.g. Europe
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to craft the future of autonomous systems
- Extraordinary researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time