Siemens Large Drives Business in New Kensington, PA, is looking for an Engineering Technician in Operations to provide engineering production solutions in the world’s leading water and air cooled, medium voltage, variable frequency drives.
The Engineering Technician I will be responsible to support production projects and core maintenance, which include the understanding and execution of Operations Engineering departmental processes. In addition, have a shown understanding of supplier data sheets, purchase order requirements, written inspection plans, verbal instructions and function in a team environment.Responsibilities
- Engineering defect mitigation and containment in production
- Respond to notifications of engineering problems identified by production, quality inspection, or other sources.
- Provide timely resolution to assembly issues on the standard product.
- Generate short term corrective actions to facilitate the solution of the problem
- Coordinate containment of the problem.
- Resolve root cause of situation and generate long term correction actions if product maintenance is required
- Detail the solution to the problem and associated information in CATSWEB.
- Support containment of engineering issues via collaboration with other company functions.
- Product Maintenance
- Based off production containment, generate ECRs that are vital for incorporation into the core product lines
- Work with Product Owners to develop and implement product continuous improvement ideas
- Assist in maintain product documentation including design guides, specifications, user’s manuals, wiring schematics, assembly drawings and other product documentation.
- Use of PLM system (Teamcenter) to acquire engineering released documentation
- Attend design reviews internally to resolve technical and programmatic issues.
- Lead report-out of STCA and LTCA as well as assist in status of core products
- Participate and perform action items as a team member or lead projects involving other specialists and multi-functional team members.
- Represent Operations Engineering Department on multi-functional teams/meetings
- Demonstrates knowledge of organizations business practices and issues
- Self-motivated with ability to deliver in a timely manner.
- Housekeeping and 5S activities which includes prioritizing work area for orderliness at all times and ensuring work area is accessible and safe for internal employees and customer traffic
- Two year technical degree minimum
- Intermediate digital literacy required, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to read electrical wiring diagrams
- Ability to read mechanical drawing packets
- Strong organization and excellent time leadership skills
- Possess a familiarity with, and an ability to follow, all engineering policies and procedures.
- Understand and follow a standard engineering ECR process
- Travel not required for position
- Safety and Quality attitude
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Minimum of one to three years manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Teamcenter
- Medium Voltage Experience
- Working in a high paced production environment
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.