Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We are leaders in cutting-edge technology for the Railway Signaling sector, developing innovative products and solutions for the satisfaction of its customers and that is why for the R&D Department, we want to join a Software Engineer who will be responsible for the design and development of Data Preparation system software, according to the design/product specifications.
Main functions and responsibilities:
- Software development for specific Siemens solutions.
- Design, implement and modify software using the C++ programming language, using Visual Studio development environment.
- Assume assigned responsibilities during the entire software development cycle, including the bid, specification, design, development, test, and delivery phase.
- Software verification activities.
- Test specification.
- Requirements management and traceability throughout the product life cycle.
- Project documentation following Railway European standards and Siemens processes.
- Working in an international and multidisciplinary development team.
- Innovation and research on new technologies applied to products.
- Software engineer (computer science, industrial, telecommunications, computer science)
- Minimum 3 years experience in ERTMS research projects
- Experience in the development and testing of applications for Data Preparation Systems
- Knowledge in C++ programming language.
- Extensive knowledge of SW architecture.
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Subversion, Synergy.
- Knowledge of requirements and traceability management tools (Doors, Confluence)
- Knowledge of assembly and maintenance of environments
- Knowledge of Railway European standards (50126, 50128, 50129)
It will be assessed:
- Knowledge of AGILE software development methodology (SCRUM) and related tools (Jira, Gitlab, RTC).
- Programming using code standards and following good development practices
- Knowledge of automatic testing and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, SonarQube)
- knowledge in cloud and container architectures, dockers / kubernetes and related tools.
- knowledge in ADA95 and/or C# programming language.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple geographic locations.
- Ability to work in a team, good communication skills and a results-oriented approach
- Good level of technical English and Spanish, spoken and written.
- Exhaustive/meticulous/organized person
- A person with a spirit of innovation and with the motivation to develop research and development work in new technologies.
- Ability to adapt to changes and critical situations.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.