Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
The Process Engineer has significant responsibilities for the technical support, and continuous improvement in an Mechanical manufacturing operation. This position will offer a challenge to a team-oriented individual who thrives in a fast paced, changing environment. Key skills include strong problem solving ability, technical knowledge of electronics and mechanical manufacturing processes and equipment, continuous improvement methodologies, total productive maintenance.
What will you do?
- Complete root cause problem solving using proven tools and methods, to solve daily production problems to support business KPIs (safety, quality, delivery, cost).
- Collaboration with cross functional teams to support production, and to drive continuous improvement projects. Analyze production process (Value stream mapping) to understand sources of waste, and develop solutions based on lean principles to eliminate non value add operations.
- Specify/design, new equipment/jigs/fixtures, and updates to current equipment/jigs/fixtures
- Define comprehensive standard work, description of methods and documentation (including also processes, work place development, tools and methods).
- Create detailed work instructions for new processes and equipment.
- Training production staff on manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Manage small projects or sub-projects within larger projects.
- Practice change management techniques to ensure good team collaboration, and to foster a culture of effective continuous improvement.
- University degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Quality Assurance or related education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Experience in a variety of lean tools including but not limited to: Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Pull Systems & Kanban, 5S/Visual Management, SMED, TPM, Kaizen, Poke Yoke, One-piece flow, Cell/Line design
- Experience in Project management
- Experience in team facilitation, teaching, coaching, and presentation skills
- Self-directed and comfortable in a very direct and candid environment focused on results
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with NX, SAP, TeamCenter tools is an asset
- PMP and P.Eng designation eligible is an asset
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.