Siemens Industry is looking for a Switchboard Engineer for their Spartanburg, SC location. This person will review and process incoming orders, design custom Components and Assemblies, create documentation for manufacturing, construct Bill of Materials, and answer inquiries concerning the orders. The candidate will report to the Switchboard Engineering Supervisor and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
What you will do:
- Process incoming orders to verify all information required to process the order is available.
- Produce detailed documentation for manufacturing
- Respond to inquiries from internal departments
- Assists in the coordination of activities with other internal departments to meet customer needs.
- Identifies and resolves semi-complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Professional communication to customers and sales force to maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develops technical suggestions to deliver solutions to customers.
- Must have the ability to adapt for each order.
- Use best practices, lessons learned and good judgment to identify potential issues with Customer incidents as they arise and report them.
What you will need:
1. BS Engineering
2. Ability to read Engineering drawings.
3. 3D Modeling software knowledge (Creo preferred)
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Must be independent and capable of effective time management and ability to adapt to each customer.
6. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office applications).
7. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious.
Not required but would be a plus:
1. Technical knowledge of electrical products.
2. SAP experience.
3. Experience in a manufacturing environment.
4. Teamcenter Knowledge
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.