The Siemens Mobility division has exciting opportunities for a Network-Telecoms Design Engineer. This role will be located in our Bangkok office. The Siemens Mobility team is looking for an individual that is aligned with our company values: excellent, innovative and responsible to carry out design, checking and testing of railway signaling systems.
What are my responsibilities?
- Railway network infrastructure design knowledge/experience
- Understanding of routing and switching and TCP/IP and other routing protocols and wireless and security.
- knowledge of Ethernet, Industrial Ethernet, Routers, Wireless, Security, Firewall.
- Knowledge of communications systems architecture design (conceptual, detailed and final design with documentation)
- Infrastructure hardware (switches/routers/firewall/media convertor/etc.)
- LAN/WAN networking
- Wireless/Radio networks
- Knowledge of general communications theory concepts
- knowledge of fiber optic layout/design, physical cable knowledge.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and tools such as Wireshark.
- Interface with other Sub-Systems/Third Parties for design and implementation)
- Installation, Testing and Commissioning support (remotely and on-site)
What do I need to qualify for this role
- At least 3 years of experience in network and telecoms design activities on Customer Projects
- A strong technical knowledge of railway systems and equipment with sufficient underpinning knowledge to analyze technical solutions and propose innovative alternatives
- Formal technical qualification to degree standard in Telecommunications Engineering or related discipline is preferred though not essential.
- Ideally you will have existing formal competency approvals, or ability to attain formal approvals (e.g. IRSE)
- Some knowledge and experience across the design domains of systems engineering, signaling, train control, train protection and communications.
- Flexibility to travel as per project requirements
- Excellent self-discipline and adherence to quality forms and procedure
- Good communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time