Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Electrical Engineer.
This is role is well-suited
to an ambitious professional looking for the next step in your career. As an Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Designing electronics for the next generation of point-of-care (POC) in vitro diagnostic analyzers with the goal of achieving best-in-class performance and features.
- Working on systems integration and performance verification with an experienced and talented team of systems engineers, software engineers, and mechanical engineers as well as scientists and manufacturing teams.
- Coming up with innovative and creative solutions for challenging product design issues.
This position may suit you best if you are proficient
with the below skills and would like to develop your career with
- You have designed analog electronics that involve high impedance signal conditioning and data converters.
- You have experience with low voltage power electronics, such as DC-DC switching regulator design and stepper motor drivers.
- You have designed and written HDL code for FPGAs (Verilog and Quartus preferred) and have knowledge of state machines and real-time control principles.
- You have worked with microcontrollers and performed basic programming in Python or C++.
- You have knowledge and experience working with different communication buses, such as I2C, SPI, and UART, as well as higher level interfaces such as USB, Ethernet, and PCIe.
- You are proficient in CAD for schematic capture and board layout and simulation, Mentor Graphics Expedition is a plus.
- You have experience using SPICE for circuit simulation and optimization.
- You are familiar with design for EMC, EMC testing, and safety as well as the associated international standards, specifically IEC 61326-2-6 or IEC 60601-1-2.
- You have extensive, hands-on experience with board layout design and principles, including layout planning, controlled impedances, and layer stack-up.
- You are comfortable in a lab environment working with electronic test equipment, such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers, and are also experienced with test protocol and fixture design.
- You are experienced and proficient in good documentations practices for all stages of design, including requirements, design proposals, block diagrams, verification plans and trace matrices.
- Experience with RFID reader design, LabVIEW, and Minitab is a plus
- Experience with Structured problem solving, KT, DMAIC root cause investigation process is a plus
Experience and requirements for success in this role:
- Bachelors or Masters degree preferred in Electrical Engineering
- 5-8 years’ experience in electronics development for instrumentation
- Willing to travel up to 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.