This is a very hands-on, active position in an advanced Research and Development Engineering setting. The position is responsible for ensuring the success of our day-to-day production in our Additive Manufacturing center. This includes machine setup, build operations, material inventory control, maintenance requirements of multiple machines, and assist with process improvement to ensure business results are achieved. Applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks to meet challenging deadlines with minimal supervision. Applicants must have superior attention to detail, and good communication skills.
What you will be doing:
• Responsible for day-to-day equipment operations. Maintain and coordinate the schedule and work performed by conducting careful planning, and scheduling of work orders to achieve company goals.
• Setup, operate and maintain AM center Machines, ensuring that a quality product is available to our customers when they need them.
• Perform post processing functions such as powder removal, support structure removal, and visual inspection
• Prepare, formulate, and characterize materials
• Maintain raw material and supply inventory management. Responsible for additive manufacturing consumables (such as material filaments, resins, etc.) forecasting and inventory.
• Perform housekeeping and cleanup duties upon completion of assigned tasks
• Inspect and measure 3D printed parts. Collect data and prepare written reports/presentations. Assure accurate tolerances to project data.
• Observe and follow all company safety rules and policies
• Perform routine maintenance requirements and calibration of multiple machines including heat treatment furnaces to achieve optimal running efficiencies.
• Record technical data to ensure traceability, quality control, and maintenance tracking
• Monitor and record operational information such as functional issues, material consumption rates and build completion dates.
• Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and build issues.
• Coordinate disposal of hazardous materials and other related items with Environmental Health & Safety
• Adhere to safe handling of materials
• Adhere to ISO9001 driven processes, procedures, and work instructions
• Develop tools, processes, and training materials.
• Provide process improvement feedback and implement solutions in collaboration with Engineering to ensure business results are achieved.
• Advocate for Software and equipment updates, improvements, and process changes to best meet the demands of the business and customers
• Assist Engineers with setup and fabrication of new and current AM Machine and Process Parameter Development
• Collaborate with engineers, technicians, quality engineers and inspectors, manufacturing technicians, and other technical and customer related services as needed to develop manufacturing solutions or resolve issues with new or current products
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you will need:
1. Associates degree in an engineering/business discipline or equivalent/relevant experience
2. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious
3. Microsoft Office and PC skills
4. 1-3 years of experience in Manufacturing operations environment.
5. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and basic knowledge of GD&T.
6. Ability to use CAD, CAM, ERP software to follow various processes.
7. Prior experience with Rapid Prototyping or 3D printing, especially stereolithography, FDM and SLS.
8. Experience working with basic shop tools and hand tools required
9. Customer service / interaction experience
10. Good record-keeping and data collection skills
What will set you ahead of the pack:
1. Basic understanding of machine tools (milling, lathe, drill presses, CNC) and heat treating
2. Basic ordering and shipping experience, preferred
3. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of additive parts
3. ISO 9001, 17025 documentation requirements
4. Experience with part inspection and metrology or quality assurance is a plus
5. A degree in engineering, science or technology is strongly preferred.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.