Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As the Environmental Health & Safety/Maintenance Manager with the world’s most respected manufacturer of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you will serve a dual role responsible for our site EHS policies (procedures to eliminate safety hazards, ensure a healthy work environment, and minimize our environmental impact). Additionally, this position manages all maintenance-related activities (repairs, installation, and upkeep of equipment within the facility). You will create maintenance procedures, perform inspections to find and repair problems, and manage your budget.
Your impact on our business will make the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will part of a team providing solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
Environmental Health & Safety:
- Develops, proposes, and implements EHS processes/practices
- Keeps up with EHS laws and regulations, implementing changes to standards as needed
- Contributes to internal and external EHS audits, in support of accountable EHS officer.
- Participates in audits and prepares regular EHS reporting and for governing authorities and Siemens teams
- Coordinates the EHS site training program for EHS
- Trains and supervises maintenance department employees on key job functions.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors for maintenance work
- Ensures operational efficiency of electrical equipment and mechanical systems through timely inspection and repair
- Ensures that company premises and facilities are kept in clean condition
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Experience managing Environmental Health & Safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel 15%
- Ability to influence others without formal authority.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to present and promote new ideas and products.
- Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with global partners and teams.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization (current Siemens employees who could be hired with an L1 visa excepted)
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.