Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As a Focus-Factory Manufacturing Manager with the world’s most respected manufacturer of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you will lead a team responsible for all aspects of production: the machine shop, sheet metal fabrication (including weld, paint, and plating), assembly (including mechanical & electrical wiring), and final inspection & test functions.
Your leadership and operational expertise will be employed making the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will part of a team providing solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- Support a Zero Harm Culture to ensure employee safety.
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and systems to achieve zero defects.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by reducing lead times and providing high levels of on-time delivery.
- Support your team to continually identify and eliminate waste from the manufacturing processes by utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts and digital factory technology.
- Improve foundational inventory discipline and production flow to meet inventory accuracy and inventory turn-over requirements.
- Develop an annual budget and manage adherence to it.
- Champion an environment of collaboration and a focus on achieving results within your team and across peer groups.
- Deliver effective Change Leadership to drive business improvements.
- Manage performance by providing frequent feedback and mentoring team members to achieve plan goals.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering highly preferred (High school diploma or state-recognized GED is the minimum education requirement—candidates with the right manufacturing leadership experience will be considered)
- Proven experience in a manufacturing/factory operations leadership role (preferably in a make-to-order or engineer-to-order environment) with demonstrable knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques
- Ability to travel 10%
- Demonstrated ability to organize, empower, and manage others to achieve results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to present and promote new ideas and products.
- Experience with automation and digital manufacturing technology preferred
- Lean, Six Sigma certifications preferred
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization (current Siemens employees who could be hired with an L1 visa excepted)
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.