Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As a Plant Manager with the world’s most respected manufacturer of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you will lead all operations of the facility-- from production and manufacturing, to developing and implementing policies and procedures that maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and efficiency.
Your leadership and operational expertise will make the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will part of a team providing solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- Lead the manufacturing operations in the production of Automatic and Bypass Transfer Switches.
- Direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for all disciplines—including maintenance, machine shop, sheet metal fabrication (welding/painting/plating), production, quality, order engineering, and materials/logistics (buying, planning, stockroom, shipping & receiving).
- Develop efficiency strategies to ensure the attainment of business metrics and production goals with attention to budgetary requirements.
- Implement cost-effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, staffing, and other operational costs.
- Establish and drive the attainment of key performance indicators for overall facility success with a focus on safety, quality, delivery, cost, and inventory.
- Participate in operations reviews with the management team.
- Provide direction, mentorship, and leadership to the management team.
- Collaborate with management and plant personnel to establish shop-floor organization and process-flow to optimize production capacity (Lean Manufacturing).
- Ensure compliance with all Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations.
- Develop and guide the implementation of programs/policies related to the business strategy and monitor overall effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Sales, Project Management, Global Procurement, Product Management, HR, and other technical management functions to coordinate and agree on manufacturing programs and strategies.
- Drive an ownership culture where all employees feel they are an integral part of the business.
- Lead and manage performance through frequent feedback and mentorship.
- Act as a Change Leader to support organizational improvements
- Promote a culture that focuses on safety, quality, cost ,and delivery while actively driving continuous improvement across the organization.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor's degree engineering, business management or related field
- Proven experience in a manufacturing/factory operations management role (preferably in a make-to-order or engineer-to-order environment) with demonstrable knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques
- Strong understanding of operational processes and business acumen.
- Ability to travel 10%
- Demonstrated ability to organize, empower, and manage others to achieve results; ability to foster team dynamics and develop leadership competencies within the team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to present and promote new ideas and products.
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization (current Siemens employees who could be hired with an L1 visa excepted)
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.