Siemens’ Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources.
Security is one of the most important enablers for the way we live and do business in a globalized world. Digitalization impacts all industries and is a powerful catalyst and enabler of change.
Due to a promotion, we currently have an exciting opportunity available for a motivated Security Service Technician to join our team in Perth, WA. Reporting to the Security Service Team Leader, the primary focus of this role will be to carry out all day-to-day service, maintenance and/or installation/project activities ensuring compliance with customer satisfaction, quality, and safety standards.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• To effectively satisfy the customer's needs for preventative maintenance (PM), any updates/upgrades, corrective service, installations and/or workshop repairs in accordance with business contractual obligations (contract obligations or billing policy).
• Timely completion of Service Reports with good liaison with the Siemens Customer Care Centre (BTCC), management, sales, marketing and/or customers ensuring current location and job status is communicated back to BTCC.
• Comply with all Environment Health, Safety & Quality (EHSQ) policies, service escalation procedures and that all customer requests, complaints and comments communicated to the jobholder are passed to the relevant department for action.
• To maintain a culture and mindset of safety first, and a personal knowledge of safety, operational, technical and behavioural procedures as they apply to the Siemens workplace. And to actively participate in training courses including 'self-learning', computer based and 'on the job' training.
• The follow up of maintenance and service visit findings and recognition of opportunities and creation of quotations for your customer’s sites.
• Working on a rotating ‘on call’ roster throughout the team.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated & technically-minded individual, ideally with some prior experience and an understanding of access control and CCTV systems. Previous experience in, and a substantial understanding of IT & networking concepts is highly viewed. A current Security Providers licence, or the ability to successfully gain one as well as a Working with Children certificate is also essential. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills as you will be dealing directly with corporate end users and large commercial site stakeholders, and your ability to build sound working relationships both internally and externally will ensure your success in this role.
Joining a highly collaborative team that have great trust and respect for each other also requires you to live the following principals:
• Be able to take ownership of your work and output, and take pride in doing a good job.
• Being a self-starter who can work autonomously just as well as within a team.
• Have a strong focus on customer service and understanding customer’s needs.
• Have a personal drive, and resourcefulness that leads them to seek and solve problems themselves before asking for assistance.
• Have the self-drive, ability, and willingness to learn, continuously.
• Represents Siemens professionally, and positively in the market place and with every customer interaction.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time