Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a Design CAD Operative for our Rail Infrastructure CIS business based out of Ashby de la Zouch. This role is based within the Engineering team and reports to the Production Manager.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
The Rail Infrastructure CIS business supplies SCADA control systems as well as operational telecoms and secure network equipment, alongside other engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. We have earned a respected reputation within the industry which has developed as a result of our success in delivering great outcomes to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as Rail Electrification Control, Advanced Station Management Systems, Automation and Analytics, ETCS and Low Cost Digital Modular Signalling, so this is a phenomenal time to join the business in the development of new, exciting technologies!
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong desire to continue developing technically by creating technical solutions. The individuals general and specialist knowledge and understanding will be utilised to optimise the production of design documentation making use of existing technologies and best practices.
The CAD Operative translates the design specification into graphical representation in 2D or 3D format. These solutions will typically comprise Building Layout, Component Enclosures, General Arrangements, Mechanical, Electrical and Communications schematics. These systems are typically deployed within the Rail market.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Provide technical CAD support for projects within the business.
- Delivery of work packages to meet budget, timescale, quality and performance targets.
- Provide correct and timely technical input to projects and contribute in a hands-on manner from CAD requirements analysis to design completion.
- Ensure that all work conducted by themselves is conducted safely and to the required standards.
- Conducting peer reviews of others work.
- Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and Partners.
- Maintain and improve your own professional competence.
- Actively contribute to reviewing and refining existing processes, procedures and templates.
- Conduct all reasonable tasks pursuant to competence as issued by line manager.
What skills, qualifications and experience do I need for this role?
- Experience of producing and updating graphical designs with Bentley Microstation and AutoCAD design packages.
- Demonstrable experience of production of graphical designs from point cloud references.
- Experience of using Technical Documentation Management Systems
- Knowledge of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/INI/EDT/CP0091 desirable but not crucial.
- Courage to challenge designers when design issues are identified.
- Experience of collaboratively working within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including presentation techniques.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time