EMSYS stands for Embedded Systems development. Complete. From hardware design and PCB layout to firmware and software development, integration and testing, production support.
Our team is involved in product development for the Smart Infrastructure division of Siemens in the fields of Energy Management and Building Products and has complete responsibility for new modules and products.
Hardware and software developers are working together from various locations and support each other in a highly effective way.
As a Full Stack IoT Developer you will be working in the Building Products field, helping to shape the infrastructure for future smart buildings. The partner division has developed and deployed world class systems to automate and manage complex buildings such as hospitals, data centers or universities: Siemens Desigo.
As part of the EMSYS BP team, you will contribute to advancing the state-of-the-art solutions that will be integrated in future versions of the systems developed by our partners. As more and more processing is shifted towards the Edge, you will develop sophisticated IoT devices, based on Siemens hardware and Embedded Linux solutions to bring the infrastructure to life.
As energy efficiency is a major concern in the development of Siemens systems, your work will have a direct contribution to the lowering of the carbon footprint of large buildings, which already consists of 36% of the total emissions across Europe.
- Object-oriented product design and implementation in modern C++ for embedded devices based on Linux (Yocto / cross development)
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Python)
- Quality awareness with focus to automated CI/CD (GitLab runner, Lava) and configuration management (CMake)
- Engineering university degree (electrics, computer science or comparable)
- Proactive and motivated personality with excellent communication skills to cooperate with other disciplines as well as other locations in a global setup
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide cross-project support
Nice to have
- Product design, implementing and testing for a IoT based system based on an embedded Linux edge device
- Build ecosystem with cloud, edge device with wired and wireless device integration
- Work in an agile development environment while following Scrum and SAFe principles
- Documentation for support and production
- Hardware and test team support
- System integration support
- OSS concepts and frameworks (edge, container, microservices)
- IoT standards (W3C, Building Topology Ontology, thing description)
- Network concept (IPV6, 6LoWPAN, thread) and implementation with strong focus to solution security
- Using, collaboration and contribution on Open- and Inner Source components/frameworks with focus on upstream
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time