EMSYS stands for Embedded Systems development. Complete. From hardware design and PCB layout to firmware and software development, integration and testing, production support.
Our team is involved in product development for the Smart Infrastructure division of Siemens in the fields of Energy Management and Building Products and has complete responsibility for new modules and products.
Hardware and software developers are working together from various locations and support each other in a highly effective way.
As a Full Stack Cloud Developer you will be working in the Building Products field, helping to shape the infrastructure for future smart buildings. The partner division has developed and deployed world class systems to automate and manage complex buildings such as hospitals, data centers or universities: Siemens Desigo.
As part of the EMSYS BP team, you will contribute to advancing the state-of-the-art solutions that will be integrated in future versions of the systems developed by our partners. Your main challenge will be the cloud infrastructure powering these next generation systems, both backend and frontend, with a strong overview of the whole systems as well as collaboration with the team working on the Edge and lower-level devices.
As energy efficiency is a major concern in the development of Siemens systems, your work will have a direct contribution to the lowering of the carbon footprint of large buildings, which already consists of 36% of the total emissions across Europe.
- Full-stack cloud developer with experience in AWS cloud services and technologies
- Knowledge on cloud native software development tools like AWS (major focus), MS Azure, Docker, Microservices, Git – ideally you bring along a full stack development experience with strong focus on security
- An academic degree in Information Science or a related field
- Proactive and motivated personality with excellent communication skills to cooperate with other disciplines as well as other locations in a global setup
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide cross-project support
- Develop features to our existing infrastructure with TypeScript in an Angular / NestJS setup
- Build and deploy infrastructure and features with DevOps practices to ensure high quality deliveries including CI/CD with automated test
- Contribute to the next generation of Building Automation system with modern and scalable concepts
- Work in an agile development environment while following Scrum and SAFe principles
- Documentation for support and production
Nice to have
- IoT standards (W3C, Building Topology Ontology, thing description)
- Using, collaboration and contribution on Open- and Inner Source components/frameworks with focus on upstream
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time