Mode of Employment: Limited
Your extra treasure of experience.
How will we travel, communicate and use energy in the world of tomorrow? Work on the right answers with us. We are looking for bright minds – thinkers with a passion for practical matters. In short, people who can turn their questions and ours into exciting new discoveries. When you join our team as one of our working students, you will find many opportunities to get involved. Seize the chance to be part of our global network, make key contacts and get your career as well as your personal life on the best track. Our teams are curious to meet you.
What part will you play?
Siemens Technology Accelerator (STA) commercializes innovative non-core Siemens technologies by creating start-ups or by sales and licensing. For more information please visit www.siemens.com/sta.
STA currently conducts a project to build a new startup (see nubotics.io). The new startup will offer a foundational platform called “mRun” for robotics/autonomous systems. mRun is compatible to ROS and ROS 2. The startup will follow an open core business model. Therefore, STA has already released a part of the software as Open Source (see mrun.io).
- You will be part of the team working towards the foundation of the startup
- Your main role will be building demos based on the mRun platform. Either in Gazebo or with actual robots.
- In addition, you will be included into other tasks in setting up the startup. This is a unique chance to experience a startup creation process
- You will work together with an experienced Senior Software Project Managers and a Senior Venture Directors of STA
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- You are a student who has sound knowledge and experience in programming in C and/or C++ and has already worked with tools like Git, GitLab or GitHub
- Ideally you have experience with robotics, ROS/ROS 2 and Gazebo
- Also experience with embedded systems is highly welcome but not a must have
- We expect you to work independently as part of a virtual team
- You must be comfortable in frequently engaging in video conferences and using tools like GitLab for contributing your work results and receiving or providing feedback to other team members
- Business Fluent English skills are essential. German is a plus but not a must have
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying. If you have more questions please contact: www.siemens.de/fragenzurbewerbung
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time