Senior Civil Interface Manager @Siemens Mobility – Cairo, Egypt
Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for a Senior Civil Interface Manager position to Join our Management Team in Cairo. This is an excellent career opportunity for Senior Civil Engineering Professionals ideally from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- In your new position, you will be responsible for the interface coordination between Civil Contractor and Siemens System (E&M) Scope at design and construction phase in Railway Turnkey Projects.
- You will lead a team of local civil engineers to ensure the integration process in all project locations.
- You will coordinate the integration process of the E&M systems into the overall Rail System together with the consortium partner (e.g. track work), the involved civil companies and consultants for the stations, wayside sections and the depot.
- You will be responsible to coordinate all civil related interfaces between Siemens System scope and the involved civil companies.
- You will interact with the Siemens project team, the Siemens Engineering lots with relevant departments inside the Siemens organization (such as Commercial, legal, Project Management), the consortium, civil companies, architect’s offices as well as public jurisdictions, citizen groups, and consultants, whenever necessary.
- You will ensure that the E&M interface with the different civil companies are harmonized among each other to avoid individual solutions with different interface partners.
- Contributes to station/wayside/depot and system design related field design changes, non-conformance reports, requests for information, and documentation.
- Contributes to subjects such as negotiating contract change orders.
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital And Solid!
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering or Construction Management. Alternatively, other Engineering degree welcome.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Civil Engineering, additionally rail transportation experience in design and construction of major transit improvement projects (stations/wayside and depots) is high desirable.
- You offer a strong knowledge in the areas of interface management as well as tender and contract analysis. Further knowledge in track construction/system knowledge railway is desirable.
- Furthermore, you have technical assessment competence for planning and system design of structural and civil engineering works for railway infrastructure (e.g. engineering structures and associated railway installations).
- In addition, you can lead/direct and motivate staff.
- Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic, English (Business Level) round off your profile.
- Willingness for business trips at home and abroad is required
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time