If you are looking for the next step in your career where you can showcase, not only your technical skills and passion for problem solving and process improvement while a t the same time displaying your leadership and communication skills, at Siemens Mobility Customer Services we have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are global entrepreneurs, trusted by our partners to pioneer transportation, moving people sustainably and seamlessly from the first mile to the last.
Siemens Mobility Customer Services is a growing organization that provides a wide array of services from spare parts and vendor managed inventory concepts to long term maintenance and technical support contracts and exciting digital offerings to support Rolling Stock and Rail Infrastructure across North America. Our goal is to provide services to ensure mobility systems run constantly, efficiently, reliably, and sustainably.
We are looking for a motivated individual for the Commercial Project Manager (CPM) role which will partner with the Project Manager (PM) in executing Capital spares projects for Customer Services.
The ideal CPM would have the following competencies: Financial Acumen, Project Results, Customer Orientation, Collaboration & Influence and Change Agent. The selected candidate will be given the opportunity to apply these skills to successfully manage projects making sure we achieve our financial targets while complying with contract clauses and FRG’s.
The Project Analyst will be responsible for:
- Ensure clean and accurate record keeping of the financial statements of the project in adherence to Company’s policies and FRG’s.
- Prepare accurate Forecast of P&L and Free Cash Flow on a yearly and monthly basis analyzing and keeping record of FC assumptions to be able to explain deviations and driving the project team to make sure we attain forecast goals.
- Become a trusted partner for the Project Team by Collaborating, Leading and Educating team members from other areas on all financial and compliance topics.
- Supports the Project Manager in identifying, reporting, avoiding or mitigating non-conformance costs; supports the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organization in general.
- Lead Risk & Opportunities identification and reporting process for the project. Manage the risks, contracts and claims, ensuring compliance with LoA guidelines for commercial aspects.
- Ensures efficient communication with all relevant internal and external stakeholders such as BU and Segment Management team, HR, Quality Management, EHS, customers, suppliers, consortium partners
- Partner with our Procurement on negotiations with vendors and leading/supporting the claim management process
- Actively participates in change order negotiations with Customer taking the lead from the commercial perspective and ensuring price calculations and proposals are beneficial to Siemens
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance/Economics (or related discipline) or advanced degree
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of Accounting principles in alignment with FRGs.
- Experience in Financial Planning and Controlling.
- Demonstrated success managing projects
- Ability to read and interpret contracts
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong understanding of POC accounting and project controlling requirements (accurate bookkeeping, risk and opportunity mgmt., currency mgmt.)
- Experience in contract negotiations (customer change orders and claims as well as negotiations with vendors)
- Driven personality with the ability to generate positive change
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to find opportunities to improve margin through Change Orders and continuous improvement initiatives
· This is dynamic, ever changing role with high visibility and a promotional track for those who can exceed expectations
We are looking for a team player with excellent communication and strong leadership skills who can work effectively with several cross functional teams and levels of management with long term vision and adaptability to change.
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with exciting opportunities in a fast paced and growing business.
If you are a highly motivated, self- starter with a passion for driving results this could be the right position for you
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.