Making manufacturing smarter.
The manufacturing industry is facing a significant transformation process and we want to ensure the industry's success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for the future of automation and digitalization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Please note that this is an hourly Unionized position. The starting hourly pay rate will be $30.50 with pay progressions occurring every 6 months over a 24 month period.
What will you do?
- Detect, troubleshoot and repair production/plant equipment/systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on production/plant equipment/systems.
- Repair tooling and fixtures.
- Assemble machinery and equipment.
- Install machinery and equipment.
- Adjust machinery and equipment.
- Perform overhauls of equipment.
- Utilize PM software/system.
- Maintain spare parts inventory.
- Be on-call for police, fire department and building emergencies.
- Maintain/install plant systems such as; electrical, compressed air, data, telephone, security systems.
- Comply with all Environmental Health and Safety procedures.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Communicate issues & properly record work performed.
- Replenish chemicals/gases as required.
What will you need to succeed?
- Industrial Maintenance Electrician preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing facility with high tech equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Mechanics and Electronics.
- Knowledge of good environmental health and safety practices in a manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge of environmental/safety standards such as: TDG, electrical code, OHSA and CSA.
- Knowledge of safe working practices (i.e. WHMIS, Lock-out etc.).
- Strong decision making, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong knowledge of PLC’s.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Highly motivated – able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Capable of working with a wide variety of people from manufacturing employees, trade persons, vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to recommend corrective action and implement required repairs.
- Experience working with preventive maintenance programs.
- Experience with equipment installation and commissioning.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work shift work
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.