The Products Technical Support Manager function of Siemens Traffic Controls drives in the process of introducing new products to manufacturing. The job holder should have an in depth knowledge of most manufacturing processes, and should be expert in several. He / she should also be capable of high quality and sustained output, and show flexibility when assigned to the various tasks production and related disciplines. The job holder should integrate well as a member of a team, take collective responsibility for the quality of the teams output, report and communicate any problems arising and contribute towards the solution of any such problems. The job holder should also be capable of keeping up to date with new technology, equipment and practice, and contribute towards the training of other team members
The key areas of responsibility for this post will include:
- Drive the Introduction of new products, determining the most efficient methods, giving the design / production team guidance as necessary.
- Conduct problem solving of production related issues in a structured manner
- Contributes to cost reduction exercises
- Contributes to the introduction of new processes, techniques and tooling. Including the generation of capital expenditure justification
- Conducts training / guidance to other operators on production related topics
- Develops and maintains an awareness of modern production engineering practices and processes.
- Provide a prime interface between manufacturing and other business functions
- Manage and motivate process engineers, coaching and leading as necessary
- To openly work with all business functions and levels, encouraging and supporting the best use of STC resources to achieve business objectives
- Generation of estimates , control and monitoring of costs for job function
- Take an active role in Health and Safety matters.
We will give full training in this role but you will need to be prepared to work hard and willing to take responsibility
What else do you need to know?
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time