Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our Tessent Visualizer team in Poznań, Poland.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will participate in designing and implementing both the GUI front-end and back-end software that meets functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability requirements.
- Develop new functionalities and support the existing software solutions.
- Analyzing problems and locate bottlenecks and propose a range of viable solutions.
- Collaborating with other developers as needed to manage interdependencies of the project tasks, product and flow integration issues.
- Participating in reviews and/or inspections of designs, specifications, and code.
- Working with Marketing to understand and support customer needs and requirements.
- Working with QA to meet the quality requirements needed for the products.
- Writing functional specifications and design documentation.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical field.
- Experience with S/W programming using C++.
- Knowledge of C++14/17/20, Qt GUI framework, Tcl and Python is a PLUS.
- Experience with software testing, knowledge of Google Test is another PLUS.
- Knowledge in Unix/Linux operating system environments.
- Attention to details and the ability to accurately estimate software tasks and delivery on schedule.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary, we offer private medical care and life insurance, flexible working hours with the option to work from home part of the time, modern work environment with chill out zones and free English lessons at work.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Polska Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time