Siemens is looking for a Senior Buyer to join our team!
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. We are growing, and we are looking for a Senior Buyer to join our team.
- Main responsibility; procurement of goods and services
- Act as agent for the company in sourcing, evaluating, and obtaining goods and services as outlined in the requirements
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with external manufacturing, internal planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Implement sourcing and commodity strategies where applicable and actively seek early involvement in sourcing decisions, provide guidance to internal clients
- Ensure all approvals and sourcing are consistent with the company policy, procedures and objective selection criteria
- Processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for quotes to suppliers.
- Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity. Maintains SAP regarding Lead-times, MOQ, PO confirmations, prompt and adequate response on system demand notifications to secure the company’s order fulfillment.
- Maintains bills of material and parts/commodities numbers in supply chain management systems.
- Participates in maximizing the procurement teams' changes, part parameters; quote table maintenance, supplier database information, error report analysis, and part number/supplier code information.
- Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities (e.g., materials, components, equipment and services).
- Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to negotiate highest quality at best value.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive.
- Recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis or alternative sourcing.
- Interacts closely with suppliers and QA to resolve quality issues.
- Works with management to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support.
- Operates largely independent with limited supervision from supply chain manager
- Education: Enhanced purchasing, e.g NEVI 2 or equal level through experience
- 6 years of demonstrated ability in similar function
- Ability to discuss and translate technical requirements
- Strong in SAP and Excel
- Language: in writing and speaking: Dutch, English and German (optional)
- Understanding of Engineering Blueprints and schematics
- Specific personal skills:
- Service- and business orientated attitude
- Analytical, problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team oriented, but can also work independently
- Eager to learn, develop and accepting changes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: dARE - Operative Activity 576w (previously SISW B.V.)
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time