Who crafts your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment?
Then look to Siemens! Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World Most Admired Companies 2020
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure: Our Smart Buildings help to build efficient, safe, adaptable, and responsible environments. Our aim is just about improving buildings; about crafting perfect places that improve people lives.
This position manages projects specific to the electrical services business. These projects focus on low and medium power distribution systems including switchgear, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance. Activities include planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty of assigned projects while ensuring customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.Responsibilities:
- Participate in pre-bid reviews, job walks and scoping, and sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Analyze available one-line drawings and site documentation, plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements.
- Manage the development of project plans in advance of project activity, ensuring effective execution by the project team. Participate in on-site project management as vital to supervise progress and ensure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan. Prepare or oversee preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
- Utilize financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. all monthly forecasting tools and work with team members to supervise, manage, and control costs. Prepare or oversee preparation of progress billings, pursue timely payments from the customer, and authorize payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain bids and select reliable subcontractors to provide additional test equipment and support of project execution. Participate in job site final walk-through and manage the completion of all close-out documentation such as acceptance reports, one-line drawing updates, and project close-out documentation, collections and payments and all project records.
- Travel: 25%
- Minimum Associate degree; Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- NETA or NICET electrical testing certification preferred
- 5+ years experience in the field service and installation, maintenance, testing, commissioning or project management of low and medium voltage power distribution systems is required
- Experience in installation or construction and critical infrastructure facilities ; such as Utility, Industrial or Datacenters
- Required familiarity with, industry codes and standards including and not limited to IEEE, NFPA, NEC, ANSI, and UL
- Preferred PMI/PMP certification
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
- Ability to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Benefits: Competitive salary based on qualifications Health, dental, and vision plans with options Matching 401(k) Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays Paid parental leave Company cell phone and laptop Extensive product training and professional career development Education and tuition reimbursement programs available Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.#li-mo1
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.