Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Siemens Mobility is looking for a Logistic Manager to add to our Mobility Customer Service – VIA Rail Team. The Logistic Manager is responsible for all material & logistics-related tasks in the maintenance project, with the aim of optimizing the material and logistics costs and ensuring the required quality and material availability for the customer. She/he will be responsible for detailing and implementing the logistics concept and coordinating it with the project team. The correct person for this role will be well-organized and highly motivated. This role will be responsible for managing supply chain activities including order management, monitoring of operational and delivery processes with the objective of sustainable customer satisfaction by optimized processes and resource planning.
What will you do?
- Ensure safe working environment
- Familiarity with Hazardous Material transportation requirements on both United States and Canada
- Identify and assist in developing training material required for customer material control and Siemens materials to adhere to company policies
- Work with systems integrations teams (Siemens & VIA respectively) to ensure successful process and documentation of all material transactions
- Coordinate the monitoring of minimum stocking levels with the depots
- Coordinate with CS Material Planner and Central Warehouse for continued flow of standard fulfillment, emergency material needs and other material/logistics requirements
- Manage on time receipts of material to the stores, transfers, drop ships and standard fulfillment
- Ensure that defective core material is returned in a timely fashion, support Maintenance Planners for material support issues. Will work across functions to ensure cycle time of return inventory is executed at each process handoff
- Coordinate with stores personnel to ensure all depots are properly stocked
- Interface with customer for processing any claims and invoices
- Communicate shipment progress/movement and other equipment related matters in a consistent and timely manner
- Gather, analyze, and summarize data to prepare and develop visual charts, graphs and presentations for the monthly reports and other operating reviews
- Champion an environment of continual improvement with material and supply chain teams and across impacted functions via Workshop events, process standardization, process efficiency and performance measurements
- Assist Product Management, Reliability and Purchasing teams by leading life cycle cost initiatives at the field level (second source opportunities, localization, internal material repair/rebuild opportunities)
- Manage and optimize transportation cost drivers with field sites through standard decision tree, logistics analysis and standard operating procedures
What you will need to succeed:
- High School diploma, or equivalent is required; College degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a material and/or logistics coordination,
- The preferred candidate will have experience in the railway industry or corresponding experience in a related field,
- Minimum 3 years of people management experience
- Experience with ERP and/or MRP systems is a must.
- Experience with Maximo or SAP or Oracle is a great asset
- Strong experience in various MS Office applications (Excel, Access, PPT, Word, etc)
- Occasional local travel is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience in managing conflicting metrics such as transportation cost and material availability for example
- Familiarity with LEAN and Six Sigma concepts
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.