- Operate tools and equipment common to the mechanical trade (e.g. hand & power tools).
- Process work orders (with the use of computers, scanning devices, etc.) in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Scan in and out of work orders (with the use of computers, scanning devices, etc.) in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Read and interpret documents associated with the completion of interior assembly assignments (e.g. blueprints, bill of materials, one-line diagrams, etc.).
- Gather parts and accessories required in the assembly process.
- Assemble fabricated parts to create unit assemblies (Switchboards) or subassemblies.
- Fasten component parts on frames, subassemblies, or unit assemblies.
- Verify that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Disassemble units to adjust or replace parts.
- Mark unit assemblies with identifying information and/or attaches identifying tags.
- Report non-conforming items (e.g. parts, schematics, blueprints, etc.)
- Prepare finished units for shipping (e.g. packing, sealing, labeling, etc.)
- Clean and maintains equipment and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Access and utilize various documents, with the use of computers, associated with the manufacture of products in assembly (e.g. Quality and Safety Documents, Operating Instructions, etc.)
- Perform other work as directed by Supervision.
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Basic Computer Skills, and use of basic mechanical/measuring tools
- Blueprint reading
- What additional knowledge/skills, education, and experience will be beneficial for this position?
- Experience in continuous flow build assembly line.
- Knowledge on electrical distribution equipment is a plus.
- SAP experience is a plus.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.