Mission of the Function: The Partner Sales Account Manager is responsible for development, exploitation, and maximization of the account penetration and profitable growth of assigned accounts and geography for the Digital Industries (DI) portfolio of products and solutions. Digital Industries comprises of SCADA & factory automation, low voltage drives, and digital connectivity products such as industrial networking, power supplies, and RFID/IID/RTLS. He/she represents Digital Industries in all sales/strategic activities and acts as interface between the customers, distributors, solution partners and Siemens.
Dimension of the role and volume: The Partner Sales Account Manager will have a geography consisting of a combination of Enter, Expand, and Defend accounts and will be responsible for the achievement of the account business targets in the respective customer base to include business planning, review, account development and revenue generation leading to market share growth. The role is intended to be self-sufficient in terms of product, technology, and solution knowledge at an executive level and 1st level engineering discussion/conversations.
Expected Interactions: External: Customer (incl. Executive and Senior Management), Partners (e.g. Distributors, Solution Partners); Internal: All Digital Industry Business Units, Smart Infrastructure (SI) counterparts.
- Understands, communicates, and articulates, the customer value proposition for Siemens products, solutions, and technologies at all levels within a customer organization, including maintenance, operations, engineering, purchasing, and executive levels.
Opportunity Management & Account Development
- Ensures assigned sales targets are achieved by collaborating with Partners, Siemens Business Units, and support teams to enter, expand, and defend assigned accounts, with KPI reporting and tracking in CRM SieSales.
- Identifies, develops, and drives leads and opportunities with tracking in CRM SieSales for new account development.
- Ensures the seamless handover to project execution and delivery teams.
- Coordinates/collaborates with other Siemens entities (i.e. SI EP and DI SW) to further maximize account penetration
Territory Analysis and Transparency
- Owns responsibility for the implementation and ongoing management of the distribution strategy, within their assigned geography.
- Analyzes the market, business targets & strategy, issues, needs, processes, value chain and key business drivers and makes recommendations to ensure adequate and effective Partner coverage.
- Represents the partner to the Siemens DI Business Units to ensure a unified approach towards customers, while providing operational excellence.
- Evaluates the distribution or solution partner capabilities and potential, for account identification, penetration, management, and ongoing support.
Partner Strategic Planning & Execution
- In collaboration with the Partner, creates and align all components of the Annual Business Plan with Siemens Business Unit goals.
- Holds quarterly reviews of the financial, strategic and operational aspects of the Partner Annual Business Plan, and works with the Siemens Business Units, support teams, etc. to ensure sales targets are achieved.
- Works with Partners to ensure all aspects of Partner business operations are in compliance with Siemens policies, manages resolution of potential violations and corrective actions
- Collaborates with other sales teams across multiple geographies as necessary to ensure seamless cooperation between Partners throughout the sales process
- Builds/maintains sustainable relationships with the appropriate customer, distribution decision makers.
- Facilitates and plans relationships on executive and senior levels with the distributors, customers and Siemens management.
- Provides early recognition of potential risks with (major) business impact. When necessary escalates identified risks in time to appropriate DI Management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Candidate should have 2+ years of previous experience selling technical products and solutions.
- 8+ years of professional experience in a sales environment.
- The candidate should possess technical knowledge of factory automation, motion control, drive systems, control products, and Industrial Ethernet networks.
- Proven track record of developing new business opportunities in a teaming environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to identify or uncover a customer’s specific challenge, develop relevant relationships with customer’s organization, develop a strategy, propose a technical solution, and win the opportunity.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills are essential.
- Position requires 15% overnight travel.
- BS in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BS in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science is preferred.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.