Siemens Digital Industries has an immediate opening for a Drafter/Designer at our New Kensington Location. The candidate will have the ability to appraise quality, logic and cost efficiency of their design and drafting work.Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The New Kensington facility is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.Responsibilities:
In this role, you will assist Low Voltage Drives Product Design Engineers to assure accurate execution of the new or upgraded designs, compliance with electrical & mechanical industry standards and customer specifications. You will have the ability to build complex parts, assemblies and bills of material. You will need to be detail oriented and take ownership of projects. You will also need to be able to work independently on projects to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal directions. In addition, you will take on roles associated with part maintenance, creation & detail as well as updating/maintaining databases and product configurators.Required Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required
- Proven track record in AutoCAD or 2D/3D modeling tool.
- Proficient in use of CAD software. AutoCAD and NX experience are preferred), but, experience with other CAD 2D/3D drawing software packages is acceptable.
- Experience in mechanical and electrical drafting
- General knowledge of industrial controls or power conversion equipment, or experience in a drafting role for a large electrical equipment manufacturer.
- Ability to read schematics and interpret customer specifications.
- Strong communication skill both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently as well as work with other group or teams.
- Excellent computer skills are required, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong organization and excellent time leadership skills
- Other duties as required
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- SAP or MRP experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 1-2 years experience in a Manufacturing facility.
- Experience with medium or low voltage drives.
- Team Center and SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to program LISP routines.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical
- EPLAN experience preferred
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.