- Develop supporting back end microservices using NodeJS, AWS ECS, AWS Lambda, Docker, and NoSQL Databases
- Develop unit tests using Jest, Mocha, and Chai
- Operate the backend services including reacting to outages and building proactive continuous monitoring and alerting systems
- Optimize solutions for operability, security, reliability, performance, and cost.
- Works with a Scrum team to refine requirements, peer review code, and assist other team members with solving challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related
- 5+ years of experience in web development
- Experience using AWS or other major cloud provider
- Experience developing backend APIs
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to interpret ambiguous business requirements
- Knowledge of SDLC, microservices, web/cloud design patterns, and software architecture
- Experience with working in a team environment using agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Frontend experience in VueJS
- Backend API development using NodeJS / ExpressJS
- Experience running services with Docker, AWS ECS or Kubernetes
- NoSQL database experience using MongoDB, AWS DocumentDB, or AWS DynamoDB
- Contributor to open source projects
- AWS or other cloud experience
- Enterprise application development in a team environment
- Experience operating and monitoring production workloads
- Experience using and modifying CI/CD pipelines
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.