Does working with the world’s largest single consumer of Energy get you excited? Are you ready to work with the world’s largest consumer of goods and services in the world? If so, we are hiring a Federal Vertical Sr. Marketing Manager. Come lead this critical market for Siemens Smart Infrastructure! This critical customer needs our help to bring together Digitalization, Energy Efficiency, Sustainability and Resilience to achieve their mission goals.
The role of Vertical Senior Marketing Manager will be a highly motivated individual and key contributor to the growth of the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Federal business. This person will be the subject matter expert in the Federal Vertical market domain. The incumbent will develop the marketing strategy that aligns with the mission goals and objectives of the Federal Government. This includes but is not limited to driving the overall strategy, go-to-market, competitive analysis, identifying portfolio gaps based on customer’s needs, use case development, understanding personas and creating value propositions, content development and thought leadership.
The incumbent should have experience driving cross functional teams within a matrix organization. They will be owner of developing and implementing a clear and concise Federal marketing strategy across the full Smart Infrastructure portfolio. Ability to influence and lead without authority will be central to the success. This position will report to the Head of Federal Government and interact in a matrixed organizational environment.
- Development and ownership of Federal vertical marketing strategy, including identification, development and execution of targeted programs to drive revenue growth
- Understand Federal market to identify/analyze industry trends and digital technology advancements; identify opportunities to drive digitalization and innovation
- Analyze the competitive market to identify new threats and opportunities; provide recommendations based on direct customer meetings, fact-based research and business case development
- Develop Federal business strategies; develop and deliver marketing programs to support strategies
- Understand and leverage Voice of the Customer to drive strategy, portfolio roadmap and program development
- Manage and execute complex primary and secondary research projects to determine customer satisfaction levels, customer expectations, market conditions, company image and effectiveness of marketing strategies
- Develop exceptional content to drive thought leadership for posture and position in Federal industry
- Develop and articulate value propositions for Federal value chain personas
- Develop Federal teaming partnerships within value chain and various industry associations
- Annual marketing planning and budgeting
- Expert understanding and application of digital marketing concepts, methods and tools
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or other related field, advanced degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience in Federal Marketing, Marketing or Sales. 8 years preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal procurement, Federal Government contract vehicles, FAR/DFAR
- Knowledge of Systems Integration, IT/OT, IoT, AI, FedRAMP, RMF ATO, cybersecurity
- Understanding of Federal Small Business requirements – 8A, socioeconomic classifications, etc.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with experience driving Leadership positions
- Big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality; highly creative
- Strong analytical skills; proficient in developing compelling business cases, including financial justifications
- Strong customer focus: ability to develop customer specific value propositions
- Ability to build effective relationships as well as influence to drive results
- Strong program / project management skills with excellent communications skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Travel approximately 20% or less
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer sponsored work authorization
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.