We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Systems domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
We are seeking an experienced engineer who understands the current industry and market issues surrounding Grid Control as well as Agile Software Development practices to assume the role of Product Owner in our software development team.
What are my responsibilities?
The Product Owner (PO) is an agile role with the responsibility to
define product features with derived stories and manage/prioritize the team
backlog. A successful PO focuses on the delivery of customer value, working
with Product Management (PM) and the agile development team to streamline the
implementation of the product priorities while ensuring the technical strength in
line with strategies of Grid Control Business.
The successful candidate will have engineering knowledge and expertise in electrical distribution systems as well as hands-on experience as an agile product owner. This person will be expected to form strong relationships with customers and business owners in addition to the stakeholders on the international software teams.
This is not a development role or a consulting role but experience in these areas is strongly desired as this will facilitate communication with other stakeholders. For that reason, this position requires knowledge of power system modeling techniques and operational techniques for distribution systems. Experience in agile software development technologies is a definite plus as this position will be in the software group and the candidate may also need to assist in power system concepts but more importantly to clearly define software requirements and to maximize the productivity of the development team. The ideal candidate will understand the current industry direction, will be an expert in in the field of distribution network analysis. PO should be able to clearly evaluate, document, prioritize, and communicate requirements. Requirement specification will include all aspects of software production going beyond functionality to sometimes include understanding of algorithm design, test specification, and software delivery.
- Author the domain specific customer requirements (functional and non-functional) and translate them into product features and user stories,
- Provide technical guidance for implementation of product features,
- Define acceptance criteria for the features, groom for the team and verify once they are developed,
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders to define and prioritize stories in the team backlog,
- Discuss concepts with customer and/or engineering and improve the same based on feedback,
- Engage with internal/external customers utilizing technical knowledge and excellent communication skills,
- Ensure that quality is built-in at all stages of the value stream from design, through development, to testing and delivery,
- Provide analysis of tasks required for development, and actively participate in development status reviews,
- Perform risk analysis of the features,
- Review test specifications,
- Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
- As well as understanding the roles and responsibilities in SAFe practice, representing your team during the increment to all involved parties in the Agile Release Train (ART),
- Coordinate with other Product Owners and teams to ensure coherence of features,
- Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar fields),
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in power system engineering (especially Grid Control domain),
- Advanced knowledge of electrical distribution systems structure and distribution system operation techniques,
- Knowledge of power system equipment and power system modeling,
- Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework or Scrum)
- Experience in using ALM tools for tracking agile process (e.g. JIRA)
- Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Prior experience in the field of software development projects in separate roles like Product Owner, SW-Developer, Project Manager, etc.
- Familiarity with variety of software technologies, methodologies and practices,
- Knowledge in technologies such as; IoT platforms/protocols, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), etc.,
- Knowledge of power system equipment and power system modeling,
- Knowledge of IEC standards like IEC-61970, IEC-61968,
- Knowledge in SaaS or IaaS platforms
Desired Soft skills:
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools and power system domain know-how,
- Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
- Able to approach other people, convince them and win them over,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
- Committed to quality oriented, tidy and well documented business delivery,
- Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs,
- Inspire the team with new ideas and visions and actively promote platform development,
- Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
- An ability to understand and explain abstract concepts in a clear way to technical and non-technical audiences.
What else do I need to know?
- Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse “Digital Minds” to develop tomorrow’s reality.
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time