Role Engineer – Design and Development
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Engineer – Design and Development team and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Change the future with us and What are my responsibilities?
· Responsible for Design of software solutions based on requirements and within the constraints of architectural /design guidelines
· Functional analysis of existing software
· Derive software requirements and software functional specification, validate software requirements, provide software feasibility analysis and software effort estimation
· Identify potential synergy and for re-use of components / technology
· Responsible for the accurate translation of software architecture into design and code
· Guide project team members on all design topics & implementation consistency against the design/architecture
· Implementation of features and/or bug-fixing and delivering solutions adhering to coding and quality guidelines
· Responsible for the high level and low-level design
· Identification and implementation of (unit/integration) tests to ensure solution addresses customer requirements and does not cause impact to installed base
· Providing documentation (requirement/design/test specification) inputs, and ensuring delivery conforms to organization and project quality processes
· Ensuring integration and submission of solution into software configuration management system, within committed delivery timelines
· B.E/B. Tech/MCA/ME/M. Tech (Computer Science, Electronics, Instrumentation, or Electrical Engineering)
· Minimum 4-6 years of experience in design and development
· Strong C#.Net, OOPS programming skills, Object Oriented Architecture and Design (OOA/OOD), XML, WCF, Unit-testing frameworks
· Understanding and hands on experience on handling NFRs
· Should have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to work as an individual contributor
· Flair to learn new technologies and thrive in an agile environment
· Conversant with typical software development processes / methodologies
· Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
· Knowledge in Static code Analysis and Unit Testing
Exposure to TFS, FxCop, and NUnit is preferred
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time