Join our Large Drives Applications Division as a Field Service and Commissioning Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
The position is home based working on exciting customer projects in Oil, Gas, Steel and other heavy industries. You will be well supported by the other Engineers in the team and suitable training is available for the right candidate.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
We make real what matters.
• Fault find, repair and commission High Voltage Variable Speed Drive Systems ranging from 250kW to 150MW
• Working knowledge of PLC and automation systems
• Perform preventative maintenance on existing Drive Systems
• Strict adherence to relevant processes, site rules and regulations, including health and safety
• Compile detailed, comprehensive reports with actions identified
• Provide training on operation and maintenance whilst on site to the customer’s Engineers
• Participate in 24/7 standby Rota; on average once every 6 weeks. You will also receive an additional allowance as a part of this.
• Work as a site manager or supervising contractors on larger projects
Use your skills to move the world forward. You will require:
• As extensive UK and some foreign travel will be required, a full UK Passport and full UK Driving Licence are required
• Degree (or HND) Engineering qualification, electrical discipline. OR or hands on engineering experience in a similar role.
• Excellent communication skills written & oral
• Knowledge and interest in Large Motors and Drives Engineering
We have a lot to offer...
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension company car and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time