Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Are you looking to help customers take their simulation modeling efforts to the next level in driving innovation? Join us and be part of a global team dedicated to innovation through design space exploration!
As a Senior Application Support Engineer within the HEEDS global technical support team, you will work very closely with the global and local sales, business development, pre-sales, and post-sales teams within Siemens Digital Industries Software, and its broad customer-base, to support and promote the growing expansion of design space exploration software (MDAO) in the CAE industry. You will be critical to the execution and demonstration of design space exploration projects, working closely with research and development, training and educating new users, engaging and supporting existing customers, providing technical assistance during the software sales process, and helping to ensure quality assurance in the HEEDS product. This diverse and dynamic role is for those looking for a challenge in all these areas and more!
Join our team as “Senior Application Support Engineer (m/f/d)” in Munich, Germany.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactively. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development.
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. In Germany, more than 2,000 colleagues are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by
- Training and educating on design space exploration methodologies, tool usage, and custom applications to clients, distributors, and prospects
- Interfacing to HEEDS prospects and customers – supporting the demonstration of HEEDS through multiple stages of the sales process: initial pre-sales engagements, proof-of-concept and project demonstrations, sales closure, post-sales support, training, and account growth and cultivation
- Pre‐sales support – helping to scope and deliver solutions to clients and prospects which demonstrate the value of design space exploration to the organization
- Post‐sales support– supporting customer and internal challenges and questions, along with raising customer awareness, to ensure successful utilization of HEEDS.
- Design space exploration projects ‐ development and execution of engineering projects using HEEDS and various CAE tools
- Research and Development assistance for optimization applications for emerging market segments
- Support of Distributor (reseller channels) – pre- and post-sales development
- Support of local Siemens sales personnel – sales, pre, and post-sales development
- HEEDS quality assurance – link between customer/user and product development to ensure product is at the highest level and reflective of customer needs before product release
- Development of technical marketing content (presentations, videos, case studies, training material)
What you need to realize what matters.
You are a sophisticated engineer that is dynamic, quick-learning, willing to travel. Customer support and satisfaction are top priorities for you. Aptitude, successful completion of tasks (on time), your independence while being a strong collaborator and teammate, and your ability to problem solve, all are hallmarks of your career and something you take great pride in. You look forward to helping craft and implement a new philosophy toward design, built around workflow automation, leveraging CAE software and hardware, efficient search, and data-mining toolsets. You are ready to join a global team, and are excited to help companies Discover Better Designs, Faster!
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written), as the role requires daily customer and internal interaction; someone who is outgoing, pleasant, and enjoys helping customers
- An adaptive individual with a positive attitude and strong aptitude with the ability to multi-task and be pro-active. HEEDS has an active and diverse customer base and sales channel. The ability to seamlessly transition between tasks and concepts
- Motivated to learn, can quickly pick-up and demonstrate new ideas and concepts, possessing a strong retention capability
- Self-driven individual that has a demonstrated history of success in diverse, fast paced environments
- Experience with programming and API usage for commercial CAE tools
- 5+ years of commercial CAE experience with commercial CFD, FEA, and/or MBD tools
- A BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- Travel availability and flexibility
- Fluent in speaking German and English
- Enjoying an international, collaborative working environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Past experience with:
- Design optimization methodology and tools
- Abaqus, ANSYS Mechanical, LS-DYNA, Nastran, and/or nCODE
- ANSA, HyperMesh, and/or Simcenter 3D
- Technical sales within the CAE software market
- ANSYS Fluent, ANSYS CFX, and/or Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Adams, Simcenter Amesim, VI-Grade, Virtual.Lab
- Post-graduate degrees or equivalent experience
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Ms. Jaclyn Krieger.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time