Are you ready to Transform the Every day?
Are you an experienced Human Resources professional exploring your career options? Are you seeking an opportunity to challenge yourself and drive immediate business impact?
Siemens has just the opportunity for you on our People & Organization team!
If you are located in the Memphis metro area and have experience supporting a diverse workforce in a three-shift distribution center environment, we are interested in talking to you.
As the trusted partner to local business management at the Siemens Distribution Center located in Southaven, MS you will have a strategic approach and the ability to work collaboratively in an eco-system environment to address evolving business needs. You will bring deep insight, an independent viewpoint and HR expertise to business issues. You will consult with and influence business leaders to take actions on emerging people related topics and you will play a key role in orchestrating and facilitating changes to organizational culture, design and structure.Responsibilities:
- Understand business and its strategy and be an active partner in discussions and decisions impacting the organization and its employees
- Drive performance, empowerment and growth mindset to build organizational capability.
- Coach and enable executives to be effective leaders
- Leverage data to tell your story and influence decisions
- Understand the external world and its implications on the business and people strategy (industries, markets, customers, HR, people practices etc.)
- Provide the local perspective of business needs and requirements to HR at all levels
- Develop and communicate the local People Strategy and translate messaging into HR goals and actions
- Lead or contribute to the implementation of HR & business programs and initiatives
- Identify needs for change management and champion related activities
- Drive discussions related to workforce and organization design changes and provide recommendations
- Enable local business to develop a diverse, robust talent pipeline
- Guide the business on the appropriate HR programs, processes, and policies based on the business environment / strategy
- Advise managers on implementing organizational changes
- Keep an overall pulse of the organization
- High School or GED required, AA Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources generalist experience demonstrating a working knowledge of multiple human resource subject areas including employee relations, labor relations, performance management, and management consultation.
- Prior experience working in a distribution, manufacturing environment with hourly employees in a multi shift operation
- Ability to use data and information to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standard, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in an ever changing fast-paced environment.
- The ability to be flexible, self-directed, motivated and able to interact with employees at all levels.
- Strong oral and written communication. Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to successfully motivate change in the organization.
- Must possess above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- The proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism and team attitude.
- There will be 10% travel associated with this position.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
- Prior experience working in a matrixed environment a plus.
Why you’ll love working at Siemens!
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: People & Organization
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.