Company: Siemens SISW
Job Title: Infrastructure Systems Architect – Virtualisation & Storage
Job Reference #: 273469
Job Location: OR, WA, CA, AZ, TX, IL, AL, GA, NC, PA, MA
- We are looking for an IT Infrastructure Architect who will not only maintain, upgrade and improve our IT infrastructure but also lays the technological foundation for the future.
- We expect you to be knowledgeable about overall IT infrastructure such as servers, networking and storage and operations as well and how they are interacting with your area of expertise.
- Your goal will be to ensure that our infrastructure is well maintained, automated and future proof.
- To ensure that you are up to date with latest technologies we are offering close contact to vendors both onsite and offsite (eg. fairs etc).
- Work effectively as a team member in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Work with various customers on their needs to understand the direction the infrastructure has to develop.
- Act as an L3 support for issues in your area of expertise.
- Analyze IT specifications to assess changes in infrastructure and security risks.
- Propose and implement IT infrastructure changes and upgrades.
- Establish monitoring and automation for our environment wherever it helps to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serve as an IT infrastructure expert and coach your team members in their development.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- 7+ years professional experience in managing an enterprise Virtualisation environment with VMWare.
- 5+ years professional experience in managing an enterprise Storage environment, preferably with pure Storage and/or NetApp.
- Proven Experience in VMWare technologies like ESXi, vCenter, vRA, NSX.
- Proven experience supporting and communicating effectively with end users and internal customers.
- System tuning and capacity planning activities geared towards meeting specified service levels.
- Strong knowledge of VMWare systems administration and best practices.
- A team player with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with solid documentation skills and consultative experience and skill.
- Able to work out standards and directions.
- Able to work as a member of a team on large projects taking direction from a project manager and supporting him/her as a technology advisor.
- Able to work in high-profile, potentially stressful customer environments.
- Able to work flexible schedules, evenings and weekends, according to project requirements.
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery best practices.
Nice to Have:
- Virtualisation knowledge (VMWare)
- Data protection knowledge
- Experience in Container solutions
- Python Coding skills
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.