In this position, the candidate will design, develop, and maintain documentation systems for Engineering procedures, modifications, accident repairs and upgrades, in support of customer enquiries, to ensure regulatory compliance and maintain change approvals. Responsible for a variety of professional mechanical engineering tasks on rail vehicles. Involved in design, development, testing and modifications of solutions. Participates in preparing explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of semi-complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data. Participates in communicating technical and commercial issues. Participates in recommending semi-complex new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet requirements. Independently performs important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly-defined issues.
This position will report to the Service Engineering Manager for the customer services group within the mobility division.
- In response to accident events or atypical damage, formalize engineering requirements through production of Technical Concepts, supporting specifications, repair procedures, bills of materials and validation plans where necessary.
- Travel to customer locations to perform damage assessment utilizing laser scanning technologies, photography, and documentation of finding.
- Provide engineering expertise during the Incident repair process ensuring value for money, maintaining vehicle integrity and customer satisfaction. Development of generic repair instructions, processes and work instructions as required.
- Monitor industry practices to identify applicable processes, products and materials that can deliver improvements in engineering solutions for maintenance, incident repairs and development activities.
- Support and works closely with the Accident Repair Project Manager
- Support in the technical bid of maintenance and overhaul projects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Manufacturing)
- 2-4 years experience in professional engineering (preferably in rail, mining, or other heavy industry)
- Rail industry experience
- General understanding of mechanical & electrical drawings, schematics and system architecture diagrams
- Effective technical communicator, both oral and written
- Experience with Faro Focus scanner and PolyWorks software or equivalences.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.