Siemens EDA is a leading global provider of software for the design of complex electronics, contributing to the creation of everything from cell phones to airplanes. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design. Founded in 1981, the company is headquartered in Wilsonville, OR (Portland).
The Sales Financial Data Analyst position requires a combination of financial acumen, data analysis and management, and a desire to develop new systems capabilities. As a member of the Sales Finance Team reporting to the Senior Manager of Sales Financial Data, this position provides a unique opportunity to proactively engage in a complex analytical intelligence process interfacing with senior leadership, while building relationships cross functionally. Through collaboration and communication this position will contribute to meaningful decision support and dataset analysis.
The successful candidate will be:
a curious individual who can clarify an ambiguous request for information, someone who can develop an in-depth understanding of customer level deal analysis, a person that enjoys establishing complex financial models with statistical analysis, an individual that can adhere to a specific process and facilitate requests to meet specific tight deadlines through effective time management, and able to clearly communicate results using a method which meets the need of the particular audience including executive levels. Interested in utilizing programming languages to develop financial tools and models
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Communication & Presentation: Synthesize complex data into easily understood and compelling management reports and performance dashboards. Act as a trusted advisor and leader when creating presentation material regarding the performance of the business. Credibly establish a level of confidence with senior leadership and cross functional partners.
Reporting, Analysis, & Insight: Force Multiplier of analysts and sales operations through automations, visualizations, and tool development. Takes understanding of financial practices and interprets practices and requirements into actionable insights.
Sales Planning/Forecasting: Use financial modeling and quantitative analysis to serve best in class planning/forecasting for worldwide orders and revenue, supporting effective decision making. Develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners in sales, finance, marketing, product division and across the entire company. Remain detail oriented while keeping high level insight in clear focus. Use data to build credible insights into planning trends and to influence the overall sales planning/forecasting process to better serve accuracy and drive revenue growth opportunities. Move beyond compiling of data to service the ‘why’ behind the numbers.
Ad-Hoc: Engage on projects relating to the advancement of sales finance & operations initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience supporting a sales organization in a sales operations or finance capacity
- High level of analytical ability with experience coordinating complex decision-analysis
- Skilled at developing & presenting executive-level communications and data visualization
- Proven business partner capable of influencing others
- Data extraction / manipulation: Business Objects, Alteryx, Knime, Excel, MS Access or similar Reporting tools – Tableau, Qlikview, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree required (Finance, Business, Mathematics, etc.); CPA or MBA preferred
- Passion for supporting a sales finance and for understanding the sales process
- Technical aptitude - Ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to bring creativity to the position while striving for continuous improvement
- A passion for independent learning and personal development
- Capable of exercising sound judgment and to instill confidence
- Meticulous attention-to-detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to internal policies/ processes / procedures and changing direction of a task/project
- Outgoing, professional and articulate; great customer & communications skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be reliable and heavily resourceful in solving issues Amiable, professional and enjoys daily interaction with peers and client groups; natural ability to form professional relationships with all levels and departments within the company
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.