Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform and sensor hardware combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
What is this opportunity?
As a Machine Algorithms Learning Engineer, you will be part of the energetic Enlighted Research team, which under the leadership of the CTO is responsible for investigating new areas into which the company may expand to. You will work with the data produced by a variety of IoT sensors (location, vision, human presence, temperature, air quality, among others) to generate unique insights using modern machine learning techniques. You will employ ML together with other algorithms to solve challenging problems. You will be part of a team that builds cutting-edge prototypes which spearhead the development of new customer-facing applications.
What will you do?
- Research, design and develop data science models to solve customer problems. Areas may include, but not limited to, real-time location services, computer vision, advanced signal processing and modelling, anomaly detection, predictive analytics.
- Develop data science/ML pipelines for data labelling, model training and deployment
- Propose data requirements to enable new use cases and generate unique insights from customer data
- Help build end-to-end prototypes with new IoT sensors placed around buildings and feeding data to advanced analytics. For example, correlate Bluetooth low energy (BLE) and motion/PIR signals to predict indoor location; analyze temperature, humidity, CO2, PIR, vision ML, etc. to understand how a building is used, and ultimately provide recommendations about making a building more efficient/greener and generally more pleasant for its occupants.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team spanning hardware, software, and product management.
What will you need to succeed?
- Experience solving complex problems with machine learning techniques
- Proficient in at least one machine learning framework such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
- Confident programming in python and C++
- Very comfortable working in a Linux-based development environment
- Experience with data streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis is considered a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of cloud-based environments and ML frameworks
- Experience and interest in the IoT domain
- Outstanding analytical skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.