Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We are leaders in cutting-edge technology for the Railway Signaling sector, developing innovative products and solutions for the satisfaction of its customers and that is why for the R&D Department, we want to join a Software Engineers who will be responsible for the design and development of Innovation software, according to the design/product specifications.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactively to the success of the company. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development.
Your responsibility will be designing, developing, modifying, and implementing software programming for products with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery. The focus needs to be on architecture excellence and decisions.
Main functions and responsibilities:
• Active part in innovation projects.
• Supporting the technical architect team in design review activities for conceptual, preliminary, and final design.
• Data definition and integration, create documents and execute software designs.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, devise contingency plans.
• Supporting the definition of the testing plan, creating use cases.
• Supporting the Delivery of head-on project status updates for the overall program based on the customer
• Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal/external stakeholders.
• Be part of expert community and activities.
• Drive/contribute to continue digitalization of innovation activities.
• Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and transparent fashion.
• Preferably Software Engineer with confirmed experience in Software Development, Design and Architecture
• Extensive knowledge in Python and JAVA programming language
• Extensive knowledge of the IoT domain and cloud computing
• Ability to understand sophisticated products, solutions, and problems
• Good communication / articulation skills
• Proficiency in product non-functional requirements like, performance, scalability
• Working without supervision on highly sophisticated projects with complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise
• Providing high-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis
• Excellence at interpersonal communication and presentation in English.
• Self-organized and proactive in driving things forward.
Master’s degree or above in engineering, business; MBA or other related area.
Good to have:
• Good knowledge of Spring, microservices, Docker and Kubernetes are desired.
• Good understanding of Linux and fair handling of development environments and tools (IntelliJ or Eclipse, Maven, Git, GitLab CI/CD, JIRA, Confluence).
• Experience with Kafka, Kotlin and/or Angular are a plus.
• Knowledge and experience with SAFe framework are a plus.
• Passionate for agile development and continuous improvement culture.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.