What will you need to succeed?
- First and foremost, you have experience managing environments with modern cloud infrastructure. You take pride in making sure these environments are reliable and available.
- You hate to do things manually more than once. Therefore, you look for every opportunity to automate things; use of infrastructure as code and configuration management are second nature to you.
- You are hands-on and you are intellectually curious. You learn by doing. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to debug and write code.
- You are a strong communicator, and you value well-articulated solutions by creating diagrams and well written documentations. You also understand that sometimes stakeholders and customers will look for your guidance and you’re not afraid to engage them when the situation calls for it.
- Agile development is second nature. Not only will you be expected to participate in daily scrums, backlog grooming, sprint planning and retros; you'll have a chance to provide input to improve our processes.
- You hold a university degree in Computer Science and bring a minimum five years of working experience in a DevOps-like position.
- We expect expertise in containers and container orchestration technologies (OpenShift, Kubernetes).
- Knowledge about cloud public and private services and infrastructure provisioning is required (OpenStack, AWS, Azure, Terraform).
- You bring experience within Linux operating systems fundamentals and operations.
- Expertise in configuring, maintaining and securing CI/CD pipelines and databases such als PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, ect. is compulsory.
- This job requires experience in observability technologies to provide application and infrastructure monitoring.
- You have experience in basic networking and security concepts such as DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS as well as practical knowledge such as reverse proxy, load balancer and firewall configurations.
- You have a basic knowledge of software development fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design and how to automate a secure development life cycle (SDLC).
- Fluent German and English language skills
- Experience working with third-party / IoT integrations.
- Experience operating enterprise SaaS products.
- OpenShift | Kubernetes | OpenStack | AWS | Azure | Docker | Helm | Datadog | Grafana | Gitlab CI/CD | Python & Django | Shell Scripting | Terraform | Postgres | Cassandra | Kafka |Redis
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds - if you would like to find out more about Digital Minds at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time