We develop networks that supply our cities with light and heat intelligently and we know our way around automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skills, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
- Product life cycles in a highly competitive and cost-driven environment become more complex. You take the challenge to increase our product´s value while simultaneously decreasing costs. You identify room for improvement, lead process optimization activities, calculate best cost and value positions and ensure transparency
- You employ Bottom-up approaches of Cost Value Engineering indicating cost targets for new systems based on cost models per function and aggregated costs per component, cost splits from system to component level and feasibility of material cost targets. You evaluate cost impacts of alternative technical options concerning the most cost-effective solution
- Cost targets are predetermined by the market and our customers. You conduct benchmarking activities to have an eye on competition and analyze our customer´s needs to get sharp information about target cost structures. You are used to generate transparency in system cost and value drivers and contribute benchmark information of system costs
- We give you free space to be creative. As part of your job, you set up a holistic and innovative CVE organizational structure and add value to keep it competitive in close collaboration within cross-functional teams. You always show strong effort to ensure the adherence of all Siemens engineering policies and procedures
- You successfully completed your Master´s degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or any relevant discipline
- This job requires >12 years of project execution experience in the above-mentioned working environment
- Excellent knowledge in Engineering is a core competency. You are able to calculate and design electrical functions out of a tender or a customer´s requirement specification and bring good knowledge about measurement engineering. Technical understand and know-how of following documentations is essential: mechanical drawings, 3D models, tender specifications, Single-Line- and Block-Line-diagrams as well as FAT (final assembly test)
- Your know-how of products, systems and relevant production processes is outstanding. This includes instrumentation and control cabinets for e.g. building technology, fire safety, protection systems or energy distributions, low and medium-voltage cables, power bars and switchboards (e.g. SIVACON S8), the manufacturing of Printed circuit boards (e.g. PCB, SMD/ THT, PCBA) and also empty and equipped cabinets with respective enclosers (e.g. circuit breakers, contacters or switchers)
- Required knowledge about in-house and on-site project execution incorporates the assembly of system components and cable routing systems as well as project stages like installation, commissioning, final testing and handover communication
- You are an organizational talent with excellent project management and time management skills always thinking innovative, entrepreneurial and strategically in order to drive our projects on the road to success. Your excellent English proficiency helps you with internal and external contacts
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time