System Engineer - Mechanical Design
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Executing (individually or as member of an engineering team) customized production orders under minimum supervision, utilizing industry standards and best engineering practices.
- Providing drafting support to engineers on submittals, and as-built drawings. This includes the design of new components, modification of mechanical drawings, and incorporate field or customer-based changes.
- Acting as a mentor to team members & also take responsibility for peer review of the deliverables.
- Executing the assigned task as per targets set for Quality, Cost & Delivery timelines (QCD)
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You must have bachelor’s degree and / or Master’s in Mechanical, Production or Industrial Engineering with 8-12 years of similar work experience (preferred)
- Sound knowledge of PTC Creo 4.0 or equivalent with 3 years of experience (completed coursework can be considered as experience). Will consider other modeling programs but the applicant will need to show examples of relatable experience and willingness and ability to learn PTC Creo 4.0.
- PTC CREO 4.0 modules such as sheet metal, piping, cabling, and / or surfacing
- PDM Windchill or similar Product Lifecycle Management software (PLM)
- SAP Experience (ECN, ECO, and ECR process)
- Welded Steel Structures design
- Large and small welded and/or bolted assemblies
- Mechanical & Electrical integration
- Designing sheet metal parts, Fiberglass and plastic part design
- Experience creating bill of materials
- Releasing parts using Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN, ECO)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, interfacing with factory workers
- Experience with corrosion protection (ie. Paint, Powder Coat, anodizing, zinc plating)
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external
- Creating work instructions
- Creating and presenting designs for internal and external design reviews
- AutoCad (2D models and drawings for legacy projects)
- Design and / or Manufacturing experience from Railway industry will be preferred.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time