From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity join our Control Systems team within the Siemens Mobility Signalling Design Team in Bangkok. As a Control Systems Engineer, you will work through the implementation of projects to deliver a technical solution which meets the customers’ needs and complies with industry specifications.
The role will include working as part of a team of developers, tackling various tasks within that team during the development of a large-scale applications. Supporting the delivery of Control Systems products, helping to identify and develop solutions for application data production through automation.
- Design and engineer system configuration including control system HMI, Database, Train control system and application components to meet customer requirements.
- Assemble and configure hardware components; and support the development and maintenance of design templates and tools.
- Provide remote and on-site support to field teams installing and maintaining complex control system solutions.
- Lead small design teams, assist in the mentoring and development of junior engineering staff.
- Verification of OCS designs and ensure technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of OCS system work; and meet all functional and configuration requirements.
- Follow design and project quality processes; and provide advice and interface to signaling design teams
- Provide input to and production of functional design documentation including system requirements and architecture, interface control, block design, and analyses as appropriate.
- Ensure design compliance through requirement traceability; and OCS designs meet client’s technical, operational and compliance requirements.
- Identify and raise any potential concerns that could impact Quality, Cost and Delivery; and assist the resolution of design non-conformances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related/relevant field.
- 3+ years of direct work experience within the railway industry for Operational Control System.
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating system and programming in Object Oriented Languages such as C#/C++, proven experience in Agile methodology and practices.
- Can read and understand programming language/code such as Java Script, Python, C#/C++, XML would be highly regarded.
- Not required to do programming or coding.
- Good oral and written communications, ability to work in a team and independently, ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and/or experience with configuration management tools, requirements management tools and product specific toolset.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time