At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Technical Documentation Manager
Siemens Digital Industries Software, an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization, is looking for an experienced technical documentation manager for our NX for Design products. In this role, you will lead a diverse, talented team of information developers responsible for creating online help and embedded user assistance for our global customer base. If you’re a passionate leader with excellent communication skills and a proven track record of bringing out the best in your team to deliver engaging, customer-focused information solutions, you’re the person we’re looking for.
· The primary responsibilities for this position include:Managing a geographically dispersed team of information developers.
· Establishing assignments, overseeing content planning and development, and ensuring the quality of your team’s work.
· Promoting continuous learning and employee growth through ongoing conversation, coaching, and mentoring.
· Maintaining and improving team processes, contributing to the planning and implementation of organizational strategies, and effectively initiating and managing change.
· Collaborating with cross-department colleagues to ensure smooth, successful product releases with information solutions that meet customers’ needs.
· Working with stakeholders to understand and align with strategic business goals and priorities.
· Helping solve complex technical and communication challenges with innovative solutions.
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communication, engineering, or other relevant technical disciplines (a degree in technical communication is a plus).
· 3+ years of experience managing or leading a technical writing team.
· Strong communication skills, interpersonal skill, and emotional intelligence.
· Strong practical knowledge of and experience with content development processes, standards, and tools (DITA experience a plus).
· Experience working in a fast-paced software development environment (experience with Cloud products and continuous releases is a plus).
· Experience working with customers to solicit feedback and understand their needs.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.