We are looking for an Oracle Database Administrator who will install, maintain, patch, upgrade and backup oracle databases and convert these types of processes into Ansible automation playbooks.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure is performant, reliable and well-protected and that work can be done efficiently and consistently via automation.
Over time there will be opportunity to also cross train into SQL Server and SAP HANA database administration.
Daily duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Work effectively as a team member in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Help to maintain our database environment by developing and maintaining automation using Ansible, Python and GIT.
- Respond in a timely way to email and Service Now help tickets regarding database incidents and change requests.
- Help to maintain the configuration of our Commvault backup environment.
- Perform restores and export/imports on request.
- Play an active role in troubleshooting any database issues
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5+ years professional experience in Oracle database administration in a Linux environment such as RHEL or SUSE.
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Proven experience supporting and communicating effectively with end users and internal customers.
- A team player with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with solid documentation skills and consultative experience and skills
- Able to work flexible schedules, evenings and weekends, according to project requirements
- Able to deliver small projects with minimal oversight and direction
- Able to work as a member of a team on large projects taking direction from a project manager and/or lead architect
Desired Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Knowledge of Ansible and GIT for use in automation of DBA processes.
- Database administration experience with SQL Server, SAP HANA and/or MySQL.
- Knowledge of enterprise backup software Commvault
- Knowledge of database monitoring software Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer
- Familiar with Windows Server
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time